The accountant exemption expiry has no impact on the level of advice accountants can provide on risk insurance. Under the exemption an accountant is able to provide product class advice which does not take a client’s personal situation or financial circumstances into account.
When establishing an investment strategy for SMSF members insuring risk must be considered and then audited annually.
In the finance wise RG146 two day face to face course we have included risk insurance within a module because an accountant will have a greater duty once the accounting exemption expires and it is complex area of financial planning.
The purpose of Risk Insurance is to ease the financial burden that can impact you and/or your family in the event of unfortunate medical circumstance such as illness, disability or death. Protection is available in the following areas:
- Term Life
- Total and Permanent Disability
- Income Protection
- Business Expenses InsuranceIn this blog series we explore the different types of cover and important definitions to enable your future conversations to be more targeted and more informed and highlight the difference between a stepped and level premium.
Should you wish to obtain further information about our RG146 face-to-face course, or our solution for accountants once the accountant exemption expires or you wish to become an authorised representative please email email@example.com or register you interest on our website.
If you found this article interesting, why not
- SEND it to a friend from the sidebar
- LEAVE A COMMENT by clicking on the icon at the top of the article
- Send FEEDBACK directly to us at firstname.lastname@example.org