What is trauma cover?
Trauma insurance (sometimes called critical illness or crisis cover) is payable upon diagnosis of certain conditions.
These conditions include heart attack, stroke or cancer.
Here are some cancer facts:
- The chances of a woman being diagnosed with cancer in her lifetime is 1 in 8
- The chances of a man being diagnosed with prostate cancer by the age of 85 is 1 in 5
- The percentage of the population diagnosed with skin cancer by the time they are 70 is 66%
- The percentage of the population diagnosed with cancer who survive more than 5 years is 66%
Trauma insurance is a lump sum payment and is designed to assist with diagnosis, treatment, rehabilitation and home improvements. Specific cancer treatments for rare conditions can be very expensive and this insurance takes a significant anxiety out of the picture.
Finance wise recommend income protection to be taken in conjunction with trauma protection to ensure the trauma sum insured is utilized for the trauma while the day to day family expenses while the cancer sufferer is off work are met by income protection.
Should you require any specific advice on trauma cover please send an email to [email protected]
If you found this article interesting, why not
- SEND it to a friend from the sidebar
- LEAVE A COMMENT by clicking on the icon at the top of the article
- Send FEEDBACK directly to us at [email protected]